Swiss Arbitration Academy
Director of Studies of the Swiss Arbitration Academy (in co-operation with the Universities of Lucerne and Neuchâtel) 30%
Start date: from October 2022
About the position:
The Swiss Arbitration Academy (SAA) is a private institution founded and directed by a group of arbitration practitioners, including attorneys and professors, to provide professional and practical training in arbitration. The SAA offers postgraduate training in association with the University of Lucerne and the University of Neuchâtel.
The Director of Studies will be in charge of administrative management of the two SAA programs (CAS & ArbP), overseeing the various activities, including overseeing the logistics of the courses and the publication of the SAA's selected papers.
• Coordinating day-to-day activities of the SAA liaising closely with the SAA
• Overseeing the logistics of “hybrid" courses and other events of the SAA.
• Technical support during the online sessions.
• Communication with all the participants of the program and support of the
marketing manager's activities.
• Reporting to and support of the financial management of the SAA.
• Supporting the module leaders and organizing course materials.
• Preparing certificates and other requested official documents.
• Assistance in the examination and the publication process.
• Experience in the field of arbitration (e.g., Vis Moot, internships, academic courses).
• Excellent communication skills. Excellent ability to work with multiple international
stakeholders in a changing environment.
• Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Fluency in German is a
• Experience in project management, including strong interpersonal, networking
and coordination skills.
• Excellent organizational skills (planning and strategizing goals towards problem
• Aptitude to use new IT solutions (e.g. Zoom, Cloud services, OneNote,
Squarespace, SurveyMonkey, etc.).