Post-doctoral Research Position 75%, in the project "Populism as Peripheral Resentment?"
The Political Science Department at the University of Lucerne invites applications for a 4-year position as post-doctoral researcher (75%) in the project "Populism as Peripheral Resentment?" funded by the Swiss National Science foundation.
The starting date for the 4-year position is September 1st, 2021 but there is some flexibility.
- The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with the PI Joachim Blatter on a joint research project. The research will involve qualitative data collection through narrative interviews and focus groups, as well as collaboration in analysing this dataset. The position does not include mandatory teaching but voluntary teaching at the Political Science Department is possible and will result in a higher salary. The postdoc will have time to work on her/his own research. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Strong skills in qualitative data collection and analysis. Ideally, experience in narrative interviews and/or focus groups.
- A PhD in Political Science, Sociology or Anthropology/Ethnology (or adjacent fields), with a focus on qualitative social research. The PhD should be completed or near completion.
- Strong command of German and English (narrative interviews will be conducted in these languages).
- Strong interest in and ability for excellent academic research, proven e.g. through internationally visible publications, third-party funding, presentations at international conferences, or related research activities.
- Dedication, ability to work in a team, and ability to work independently.
What we offer
- The contract is limited to 4 years due to the project time and funds. The gross salary is appr. 75.000 CHF/year.
- Place of work is Lucerne, Switzerland.
The closing date for applications is May 9th, 2021. Interviews will probably take place May 26th/27th, 2021.