SSPH+ funded one-day Symposium and optional one-day Short course on the role of rapid reviews and policy briefs in evidence-informed decision-making in public health policy and practice.
Event organised jointly by the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine and Cochrane Switzerland, University of Lausanne - (lead institution) and the University of Lucerne (co-lead), partner institutions of the Swiss Learning Health System (SLHS).
Health policy-makers and practitioners need to obtain high-quality evidence on specific health(care) issues in a timely and suitable manner. Policy briefs and rapid reviews (RRs) offer effective ways of summarizing and communicating current research evidence on a topic of interest.
However, Switzerland still lacks systematic mechanisms that support the integration of RRs and policy briefs in public health decision-making.
Moreover, there are important synergies between RRs and policy briefs that can and should be explored to support effectively and efficiently the decision-making process.
Day 1 (29 November 2018)
One-day Symposium on how to obtain high-quality evidence on specific health(care) issues in a timely and suitable manner. Policy briefs and rapid reviews (RR) offer effective ways of summarizing and communicating current research evidence to policy and practice.
Day 2 (30 November 2018)
One-day Short course on rapid reviews with more in-depth discussion of methods, by the Cochrane Rapid Reviews Methods Group.
Stakeholders from various backgrounds and work settings interested in better understanding the values and concepts behind rapid reviews and policy briefs in evidence-informed decision-making:
- Academics/researchers (members of SSPH+ partner universities)
- PhD (and master) students, in particular students from the SLHS/SSPH+ PhD Scholarship Program and interested students of the NRP74
- Public health practitioners
- Policy makers
- Healthcare providers
- Other healthcare stakeholders.
Participation is free of charge and registration mandatory. Please note that :
- the number of participants for the Symposium (Day 1, 29.11) is limited to 50.
- the number of participants for the Short course (Day 2, 30.11) is limited to 30.
Due to the limited number of participants, commitment to participate and/or early cancellation are mandatory, to allow the participation of as many interested persons as possible.
- Participants to the Short course must have some knowledge of systematic reviews, e.g. followed a training in systematic reviews, carried out or contributed to a systematic review.
- Good working command of English for the training.
For further information
Date et heure
Thursday, 29 November, 2018 (All day) to Friday, 30 November, 2018 (All day)
Day 1 : Hotel Aquatis, Route de Berne 148, 1010 Lausanne, Métro Vennes //////// Day 2 : Centre des laboratoires d’Epalinges CLE, Building SC–CLE, Room B305, Chemin des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges, Métro Croisette
Personne de contact:
Lucienne BOUJON, 021.314.72.62