Application for Financial Support of Continued Scientific Training
Continued scientific training (i.e. participating in scientific meetings, conferences or workshops) in the relevant scientific area is part of the professional activity of scientific staff members. The Faculty supports these activities. An application for financial support may be submitted by assistant and senior assistant researchers of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. Within the scope of financial resources, each person eligible for support will be funded for at least one continued training event per annum. Financial support is usually limited to CHF 1,500 per person per year.
- The application has to be submitted at least four weeks before the beginning of the scientific conference; it has to be attached a justification by the professor in charge. Retrospective approvals are not possible. The approving authority is the Deanery.
- Meetings, conferences or workshops with an active participation (i.e. invited talk, presentation etc.) by the applicant are being funded with priority. Please attach the conference agenda (or excerpt of the schedule).
- Following the event, a short report of half a page minimum is to be handed in to the deanery and the relevant professor.
- In general, the participant is covering the estimated costs.
- Only travel expenses (these include the journey and accommodation) and participation fees will be refunded. The refund will be made on the basis of the expenses claim form, which may be found at Docugate.
- The Swiss Federal Office for the Environment sees the reduction of individual citizen’sTo reduce CO2 emissions according to the Swiss climate goals, the KSF no longer grants mobility funding for flights for travels under 1000 kilometers (linear distance). Justified exceptions need to be requested and approved seperatly. The following websites support your CO2 conscious travel: Ecopassenger, Trainline, night trains.
- All original receipts have to be submitted. There will be no lump sum payment. The maximum amount to be refunded is determined by the sum previously approved by the University of Lucerne.