Mobility outside of exchange programmes (Freemover)

Haus mit Himmeldach

Please find here information about the possibility to study abroad outside the regular exchange programme. A freemover stay must be organized by the students themselves.  

Students who would like to study at a university that is not one of the  University of Lucerne's partners must organize the study visit themselves.

Useful information (subject and country specific information, scholarships, etc.) for the preparation of such a study abroad can be found in the documentation of the Rector's Conference of the Swiss Universities (swissuniversities).

Students are advised to contact the admissions office of the foreign university for information on the admission requirements and tuition fees.

For the duration of the stay abroad, students must take a leave of absence from the University of Lucerne up to a maximum of 2 semesters. Corresponding applications must be sent to the responsible dean's office with a justified request.