Senior Research Associate, Lecturer
T +41 41 229 58 63
Frohburgstrasse 3, Room 3.A15
Lea Rutishauser studied Business Administration at the University of Zurich. During and after her studies she worked in the area of Human Resource Management in companies operating in the finance sector. In December 2012, she joined the Chair in Human Resource Management of Prof. Dr. Bruno Staffelbach at the University of Zurich as research associate and doctoral candidate. Lea Rutishauser got her PhD from the University of Zurich in 2017. Since then, she is a senior researcher and lecturer at the Center of HRM at the University of Lucerne where she is also leading a CTI-financed research project on Talent Management. Her main research interest is on social relationships of employees at the workplace (leader-member exchange, team-member exchange, co-worker support) with a focus on topics such as cross-cultural management, organizational change, talent management, and employee retention.
Lea Rutishauser was project member of the CTI financed research project “Innovative HR Concept for Export Development in China”. Currently, she is project manager of an ongoing project about talent management. Her research focus lies in employee relationships at the workplace such as leader-member exchange, team-member exchange, and co-worker support. Within this area of interest, she does research on cross-cultural management, organizational change, talent management, and employee retention.
Rutishauser, L., & Sender, A. (2019). Effect of Team-Member Exchange on Turnover Intention: A Cross-Cultural Perspective on a Selected Aspect of Employee Engagement. International Studies of Management & Organization, 49 (1), 43–62.
Sender, A., Rutishauser, L., & Staffelbach, B. (2018). Embeddedness across contexts: A two‐country study on the additive and buffering effects of job embeddedness on employee turnover. Human Resource Management Journal, 28 (2), 340–356. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3515859
Rutishauser, L. (2013). Selbstdisziplin - Oder wie man das eigene Bild bei anderen beeinflusst. In Bruno Staffelbach (Ed.), HR Spotlights: Geistesblitze zur Personalführung. Zürich: Neue Zürcher Zeitung.
Rutishauser, L. (2013). Weltmeister: Weder Jobhopper noch Quartalsperformer. In Bruno Staffelbach (Ed.), HR Spotlights: Geistesblitze zur Personalführung. Zürich: Neue Zürcher Zeitung.
Article in Public Media
Rutishauser, L. (19 January 2020). Star-Trek-Ethik. HR Today, (5). Retrieved from https://www.hrtoday.ch/de/article/star-trek-ethik
Rutishauser, L. (2018). Humor bei Führungskräften birgt Chancen und Gefahren. HR Today, (5). Retrieved from https://www.hrtoday.ch/de/article/humor-bei-fuehrungskraeften-chancen-und-gefahren
Rutishauser, L. (2017). Der Grund fürs Gründen. HR Today, (9). Retrieved from https://www.hrtoday.ch/de/article/der-grund-fuers-gruenden
Rutishauser, L. (2016). Immigration: Gefahr oder Chance für die lokalen Arbeitnehmer? HR Today, (9), 53 ff. Retrieved from https://www.hrtoday.ch/de/article/immigration-gefahr-oder-chance-fuer-die-lokalen-arbeitnehmer
Rutishauser, L. (2015). Mit dem Handy ins Bett. HR Today, (3).
Rutishauser, L. (2014). Linienmanager als HR-Verantwortliche. HR Today, (4).
Rutishauser, L. (2013). Social Media fordern die Führungskräfte. HR Today, (4).
(working, research, annual) report, expert opinion, expertise
Online Media: Blog, Forum, Newsgroup, Website
- How to deal with psychological contract breach? Exploring the (de)sensitizing effect of employees’ relationship with the supervisor. Lecture, EIASM Workshop on Strategic Human Resource Management, EIASM, Wien, 2019
- Dynamic Perspectives of HR Practices and Leader-Member Exchange in Organizational Change. Lecture, European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology (EAWOP), EAWOP, Dublin, 2017
- Organizational and Relational Job Aspects as Resources during Organizational Change. Lecture, Annual Conference of the Academy of Management, Academy of Management, Anaheim, 2016
- Team Member Exchange Relationships and Turnover Intention: Examinig the Impact of Culture. Lecture, Workshop on Strategic Human Resource Management (EIASM), EIASM, Segavia, 2016
- Too Embedded to be Pulled: Job Embeddedness and Turnover Driven by Unsolicited Job Offers. Lecture, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Academy of Management, Vancouver, 2015
- Social exchange in different cultural environments – Impact on employee behavior. Lecture, Doctoral Colloquium of the Annual European Academy of Management Conference, EURAM, Warsaw, 2015
- Social exchange relationships and turnover intention: Examining the impact of culture. Lecture, Workshop on Research Advances in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management, Université Paris Dauphine, Paris, 2015
- Do social relations at work matter? A cross-cultural study on turnover intentions and actual turnover. Lecture, Workshop on Managing People and Education, University of Zurich, Kappel am Albis, 2014
- Employee’s social relations: Influence on employee turnover intention in Switzerland and in China. Lecture, International Human Resource Management Conference, the International Human Resource Management Conference, Cracow, 2014
- Leader-member exchange and co-worker support in Switzerland and in China: Impact on employee turnover intention. Lecture, Workshop on Strategic Human Resource Management (EIASM), EIASM, Ajaccio, 2014
- HR ConScience - Oder die Brücke zwischen Wissenschaft und Praxis. Lecture, Netzwerktreffen Zentrum für Human Resource Management, Zentrum für Human Resource Management, Universität Luzern, Luzern, 2017
- Same same but different: Examining the role of culture in the relationship between team-member exchange and turnover intention. Lecture, Research Seminar University of Lucerne, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät der Universität Luzern, Luzern, 2016