The Fall Semester 2018 sees the commencement of the project "discovery semester ". You are invited to get to know the University of Lucerne not only as an academic institution but also as a place of intercultural exchange with the possibility to meet Swiss students and professors and to learn more about the Swiss Higher Education System. The various information and counselling services offered by the University of Lucerne can help you with a personal assessment and reorientation. Furthermore you can improve your language skills.
What the programme offers
- Attendance of up to four courses as an audit student in the fields of Theology, Humanities and Cultural Sciences, Law and Economics and Management. Please note that as audit students you don't have the possibility to earn credits or to take an exam.
- Option to borrow a laptop free of charge for the duration of the programme, to participate in all course offerings of the Campus Sport and to access the University library (ZHB). At the end of the semester a certificate of attendance will be issued.
- Buddy system organized by Lucerne students and participation in events and excursions, e.g. cooking evening.
- Welcome Day on 14th September 2018 with official welcome and introduction to the "Discovery semester"
Who can participate?
The programme is open to refugees who fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum age of 21 years
- German level B2 or alternatively English B2 for English-taught lectures (no language certificate required, language skills will be assessed in a personal meeting)
- Residence status B or F
- Place of residence in cantons Lucerne, Nidwalden, Obwalden, Uri, Schwyz, Zug