Fondation Bakala Stipendien
The 'Fondation Zdenek et Michaela Bakala' seeks to help talented and motivated students and researchers from a select number of Swiss universities to reach their full academic potential by giving them the necessary financial support to pursue their studies at a top US or UK university.
Who can be supported?
Students and researchers:
- from any academic field
- wishing to complete a stay of between 1 semester and 3 years
- studying at Master or PhD level
- who wish to have their tuition fees and/or living expenses covered
The total annual budget for the Foundation's scholarships is approximately CHF 200'000.- The distribution of the funding for each student will depend on the candidates' needs and study plans. Students will receive an annual contribution ranging from CHF 10’000.- to CHF 30’000.-
What are the selection criteria?
- academic excellence
- strong motivation and an interesting personality
- lack of financial means
- Swiss residency (min. during the last 5 years)
- student's registration at a Swiss university (min. during the last 3 years)
- admission or pre-admission to a university in the US or UK (obtained at the latest by the time of the interview at the Foundation)
What is the application procedure?
- application deadline at the University of Lucerne: 30th January each year
- pre-selection by the University of Lucerne: between February and March
- interviews by the Foundation (in Geneva): May
- final decision: May-June
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org