|Datum:||5. November 2018|
|Zeit:||09.30 Uhr bis 18.00 Uhr|
|Ort:||University of Lucerne, Room t.b.a.|
Career and stress management are interdisciplinary concepts that play a crucial role before, during, and after doctoral studies.
The workshop will be divided into two parts: career and stress management. The goal of the career management section is to teach participants how to:
- manage their careers proactively using a co-active coaching approach,
- systematically improve the decision-making process with respect to important life-career decisions, and
- manage uncertainties associated with career management.
During the second half of the workshop, the focus will be on stress management, as stress has been associated with adverse effects on personal health, such as weakened immune system, metabolic changes, cardiovascular conditions and importantly burn-out. Therefore, to avoid the negative effects of stress - which at some point is synonymous with PhD, but also likely in any position post-PhD - participants will learn how to:
- differentiate between symptoms of acute and chronic stress
- identify stress "alarm signal" cuing professional assistance
- pinpoint their own stressors, triggers and personal stress management style, and
- apply holistic stress management methods, as well as learn simple and effective strategies that can be implemented in their daily lives.
Please register till October 5th by sending an e-mail to gsl. @ unilu.ch
For further details, please have a look at the workshop's call.