Covid-19 tests at the University of Lucerne
Since 20 September 2021, Covid-19 certification is mandatory for all regular classes at the University of Lucerne. Those who are not vaccinated or recovered can also obtain a certificate by taking an official Covid-19 test. The following testing opportunities exist in and around the university:
The test centre in front of the University/PH building is operated by the company Testcenter Schweiz, which has set up test centres at various locations in Switzerland. Students and employees of the university can undergo a rapid antigen test there. There is a charge for the test (CHF 29.90).
- Where? At the Uni/PH building on the square in front of the canteen.
- When? The test centre is open from Monday to Friday, from 7 am to 2 pm and from 3 pm to 6 pm.
- How long does the test take? It takes about 20 minutes from entering until you are in receipt of the test result. Please note that there may be longer waiting times during rush hours. Plan plenty of time if you want to arrive on time for your lecture. The University assumes no responsibility for the duration of the testing process, including any waiting times. Please observe the minimum spacing and masking requirements in the waiting areas.
- How can I prepare for the test? Download the official federal Covid 19 certificate app on Google Play or the App Store on your smartphone.
- What do I need to bring with me? Your smartphone, your Swiss health insurance card, your student / staff card, an official photo ID (Swiss ID, passport).
- How do I get the certificate? This is sent directly to your smartphone app after the negative test result.
- How long will the costs be covered? Since October 10, the federal government no longer covers the cost of all tests. Until the end of November, it will continue to cover only the costs for people who received an initial vaccination but do not yet have a certificate. The University had been covering the cost of rapid antigen tests at the Test Centre for students up to and including 15 November. This offer has now been replaced by pool tests. The pool tests are financed by the federal government. They are carried out in cooperation with the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and the University of Teacher Education.
The Covid certificate, which is required for face-to-face courses at the University of Lucerne, can be obtained free of charge by students and employees of the University from 15 November 2021 by means of pooled PCR memory tests. These pooled tests will be carried out as part of «together we test» by the test centre of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU) at Frankenstrasse 7a in Lucerne, in the immediate vicinity of the railway station.
Opening hours: The test centre is open from Monday to Friday from 7.00 to 12.00.
Preparations: If you want to take part in the pooled PCR saliva tests, please fill in the accompanying sheet - preferably before the test - and bring it with you to the test centre in printed form. Students of the University of Lucerne should write «UNI» in the field «Department». In addition, test takers must show their ID for verification of the stated personal data as well as their student or employee ID.
Requirements: Do not eat anything for 1 hour before the test, do not chew or suck any gum or sweets, do not brush your teeth and do not drink anything except water.
Certification: The certificate follows within 24 hours (usually the morning after the test) by e-mail. It is valid for 72 hours from the time the pool is evaluated in the laboratory and is equal to all other certificates (3G).
Possible consequences: If a pool is positive, the participants of the respective pool will be summoned by e-mail to the Frankenstrasse test centre for an additional free individual spit test.
Hotline: For problems with the issuing of the certificate or the mail delivery, the hotline number of «together we test» is available: 0800 79 28 24 (weekdays, 8.00-18.00). For precise information, the so-called pool number is helpful.