Estefania Cuero, MA
Research Fellow and Doctoral Student (Lucerne Graduate School in Ethics) Coordinator Lucerne Summer University
T +41 41 229 52 27 • Raum 3.B43 • estefania.cuero@ unilu.ch
Doctoral Student at Lucerne Graduate School in Ethics LSUE at the Institute of Social Ethics ISE at the Faculty of Theology and at the Department of Philosophy at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Lucerne with a research project on the ethical justification of the Human Rights-Based Approach with Prof. Dr. theol. lic. phil. Peter G. Kirchschläger and Prof. Dr. Christine Abbt.
Coordinator of the "Lucerne Summer University: Ethics in a Global Context" under the patronage of the UNESCO.
Studies of English, Spanish and Latin American Studies with a focus on literature studies at Freie Universität Berlin (2016: BA) and interdisciplinary master program “Human Rights and Cultural Diversity” at the University of Essex (2017: MA).
Researcher at the Human Rights Center Clinic at the University of Essex, scholar of the Carlo-Schmid program (German Academic Exchange Service & German Academic Scholarship Foundation) in the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Geneva as well as in the country office of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Quito, Ecuador and project coordinator at the Non-Profit Organization WASSER FÜR WASSER (WfW), among others.
Until June 2019: Honorary office as assessor to the committee of the CSP-Network for International Politics and Cooperation with a focus on diversity.
Since September 2019: Representative of the mid-level faculty organisation (MOL) in the diversity working group of the University of Lucerne.
Awards and Scholarships
- Scholar of the Carlo Schmid Program (2015)
- International Excellence in Academia Award, Covenors Choice Award for the Faculty of Humanities and Big Essex Award of the University of Essex and the International Students Association (2017)
- CSP-Network for International Politics and Cooperation
- Initiative Black People in Germany (ISD e.V.)
- Swiss Society for Women in Philosophy Switzerland (SWIP CH)
2016 - 2017: Elaboration of a set of indicators and report on the conception and method to measure the fulfilment of economic, social and cultural rights in Columbia in collaboration with the Columbian Human Rights Commission and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in Columbia (Human Rights Centre Clinic, University of Essex)
Since 2017: Responses within the international conference series “When Law is Silent and Literature Prosecutes” of the research program “Human Rights under Pressure – Ethics, Law, and Politics” at Freie Universität Berlin and member of the „Law and Literature“-network.
- Ethics of Human Rights
- Human Rights-Based Approach
- Gender and Intersectionality as well as Human Rights and Women
- Human Rights and Cultural Diversity
- Non-Discrimination and Anti-Racism
- Further development of human rights guidelines in international organizations
- Economic, social and cultural rights
- Anerkennung im Entwicklungskontext: Der Human Rights-Based Approach to Development. (Panel) contribution, Jahrestagung der Societas Aperta Feminarum in Iuris Theoria (SOFI), Freie Universität Berlin in Zusammenarbeit mit der Technischen Universität Braunschweig, der Helmut Schmidt Universität Hamburg und der Universität Salzburg, Berlin, 2019
- Complicity in Human Rights Violations Through the Non-Application of the Human Rights-Based Approach to Development (HRBA). Lecture, The Diversity of Human Rights: Complicity in Human Rights Violations, Inter-University Centre Dubrovnik, Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik, 2019