Dr. Michael Monterossi, LL.M.
Italian National Scientific Habilitation for the Role of University Professor of second level (Associate Professor) in Private Law
T +41 41 229 53 43
Frohburgstrasse 3, Room 4.A12
Dr. Michael William Monterossi (* 1987) earned his degree in Law at the University of Turin and in 2015 received an LLM in Comparative Law, Economics and Finance from the International University College of Turin (IUC). In 2018, Michael joined the Institute for Interdisciplinary Legal Studies - lucernaiuris as a visiting fellow. He completed his Ph.D. in Private Law at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and defended his thesis in February 2019.
In November 2020, he received the Italian National Scientific Habilitation for the Role of University Professor of second level (Associate Professor) in Private Law. His current studies focused on the protection of future generations in Private Law and the role of legal subjectivity of non-human entities in guiding the ecological transition; on the liability issues linked to the use of data-driven new technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things; on the statute of personal and non-personal data and the role of contract in data flow; the regulation of online platforms in Contract Law and Competition Law.
Main research interests
- Private Law of digital markets
- Contract law and competition law in the online platform economy
- Personal and non-personal data in Private Law
- Legal Philosophy and Privat Law Theory
- AI and Blockchain
- Competition and Regulation
- Monterossi, M. W. (2020). Autonomia del consumatore e morfologia del mercato. Rivista di diritto bancario, 513–541.
- Monterossi, M. W. (2020). Il regime delle immissioni. Interesse «a non tollerare» e conformazione delle sfere proprietarie. The Cardozo Electronic Law Bullettin, 1–40.
- Monterossi, M. W. (2020). Liability for the Fact of Autonomous Artificial Intelligence Agents. Things, Agencies and Legal Subjects. Global Jurist, 20 (3), 1–18.
- Monterossi, M. W. (2020). Responsabilità civile e cibersicurezza nell’ecosistema dell’Internet delle cose. Giustizia Civile.com, 1–46.
- Monterossi, M. W. (2019). Algorithmic Decisions and Transparency: Designing Remedies in View of the Principle of Accountability. The Italian Law Journal, 5 (2), 711–730.
- Monterossi, M. W. (2019). La traslazione del danno nell’illecito antitrust: il paradosso della tutela. Responsabilità civile e previdenza, (2), 695–719.