Tess Bardy MSc
Research Assistant (Prof. Dr. Stefan Boes)
T +41 41 229 59 48 • Alpenquai 4, Room 5 • tess.bardy@ unilu.ch
Tess Bardy joined the team of Prof. Stefan Boes as a Ph.D. student in health economics in February 2020 at the University of Lucerne. In August 2019, she graduated from HEC Lausanne (University of Lausanne) with a Master of Science in Economics specializing in microeconomics and quantitative tools. Alongside her studies, she was a student assistant helping the conduct of a behavioral economics experiment. During her Master’s internship, she worked with the SMPP (Service of Correctional Medicine and Psychiatry, Lausanne) and the CHUV (University Hospital of Lausanne) to model the health care expenditures in the prison population over time in the Canton of Vaud. Before starting her Ph.D., she worked as a research fellow in health economics at Unisanté (Lausanne) where she longitudinally assessed the impact of a 2015 regulation decree on heavy medical equipment in the Canton of Vaud.
Tess’s research interest finds its roots in health economics, behavioral economics, and quantitative tools. Her Ph.D. is funded by the SNSF and focuses on assessing Health Insurance Literacy in Switzerland for which she aims at developing an operational framework and a measurement tool.
- Assessing Health Insurance Literacy in Switzerland: First Results from a Measurement Tool. (2023). European Jouranl of Public Health. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckad190
- The Swiss Health Insurance Literacy Measure (HILM-CH): Measurement Properties and Cross-Cultural Validation. (2023). BMC Health Services Research. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-022-08986-0
- The Crucial Role of Prevention in Achieving Optimal Risk Adjustment. Chair/panel-moderation, EuHEA PhD & Supervisor conference, EuHEA Bologna, Bologna, 2023
- The Impact of Information Provision on Consumers’ Preferences for Value-Based Insurance Design: Evidence from a Discrete Choice Experiment in Switzerland. Presentation, EuHEA PhD & Supervisor conference, EuHEA Bologna, Bologna, 2023
- The Impact of Information Provision on Consumers’ Preferences for Value-Based Insurance Design: Evidence from a Discrete Choice Experiment in Switzerland. Presentation, International health economics association congress, iHEA, Cape Town, 2023
- What do we know about HIL in Switzerland. Discussion contribution, Health Insurance Literacy in Switzerland, Swiss Learning Health System, Lucerne, 2022
- Less is more: DCE and VBID. Poster, PhD Conference Galway, EuHEA, Galway, 2022
- Less is more: DCE and VBID. Presentation, EuHEA Conference Olso, EuHEA, Oslo, 2022