Universität Luzern - Religionswissenschaftliches Seminar
Prof. Dr. Martin Baumann
- Since 2010 prorector for the advancement of research, University of Lucerne
- 2007-2009 dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Lucerne
- 2002-2007 member of the research committee of the University of Lucerne
- since 2001 professor of Religious Studies at the University of Lucerne, head of the section
- 2000-2003 research fellow at the Religious Studies Section, University of Hanover
- 1999-2000 substitute professor of Religious Studies at the University of Bremen
- 1999 habilitation (post-doctorial thesis), Religious Studies at the University of Leipzig
- 1998-1999 research project "migration, religion, integration", funded by the Foundation of Lower Saxony, University of Hanover
- 1993 Dr. phil. (PhD) in Religious Studies at the University of Hanover
- 1988 Magister Artium in Religious Studies at Philipps University, Marburg
- 1982-1988 Study of Religious Studies (Religionswissenschaft), Philosophy and English Studies at the Universities of Marburg, Berlin, and London
- born 1960 in Swakopmund / Namibia
A detailed CV is available here.
Migration, religion, and social incorporation; religious pluralism and public space; diaspora studies; Hindu and Buddhist traditions in the West; new religions; dynamic of global religions, method and theory in Religious Studies.